Destination Guide to Majorca
Discover the beautiful island of Majorca with Avis
Although Majorca is one of Europe's most popular holiday hot spots, there is so much more to the island than beaches and great weather. From trekking and mountain biking to fine food and first class sight seeing, Majorca really does have something for everyone.
€ Currency: Euro
Majorca Road Trip
The celebrity laden town of Andratx in the southwest tip of the island is a great place to start. Take the Ma-10 along the coast to Valdemossa for some of the most spectacular views on the island. Stop off at the enchanting mountain village of Estellencs along the way, it dates back to the Middle Ages.Book Now View Cars
Interactive map of Majorca
Top spots to visit with an Avis car
Coves del Drac
(Caves of the Dragon) - 2000m of caves and six subterranean lakes.
Parque Natural de S'Albufera de Majorca
This beautiful nature reserve is home to a large variety of craniates, tortoises, martens, calopets and weasels.
Mercat de l'Olivar, Palma
This is one of the oldest markets in Majorca, situated in the centre of Palma. There are more than 140 stalls offering a wide variety of products.
Serra de Tramuntana
Head north to this fantastic mountain range if you enjoy hiking and walking. Includes Massanella, Majorca’s highest mountain.
The safe waters and fantastic underwater visibility make scuba diving one of the most popular activities on the island.
Useful driving tips
- A right hand side road system operates in Spain
- 120kph Motorways
- 90kph Main Roads
- 50kph Urban Areas
- Children under 12 cannot sit in the front unless a suitable child seat is supplied.
- Spain has stricter drink-driving laws than the UK with severe penalties and automatic bans.
- Speeding fines are on the spot for non-residents
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving.
Avis benefits for Majorca
- No amendment charges
- Over 6000 locations in over 168 countries
- Competitive rates
- Peace of mind of booking with an international company