Destination Guide to Menorca
Discover the beautiful island of Menorca with Avis
Menorca is the least overrun and therefore the most peaceful island of the Balearics. It is the second largest and northernmost island, tending to be a few degrees cooler than its neighbours. Indeed in the low season, winds from the North have lent this pretty island the nickname "windy island".
€ Currency: Euro
Menorca Road Trip
One of the great drives of Menorca is around the south east of the island. Head from Mahon into the small village of Sant Luis to get a fascinating glimpse of Menorcan life. Proceed on the coast road westwards, admiring the rocky landscape as you head towards Sant Climent. The final stop is the resort of Cala N Porter, where you can enjoy an afternoon drink in the Caves of Xoroi.Book Now View Cars
Interactive map of Menorca
Top spots to visit with an Avis car
Some of the most stunning beaches in all of Spain. Pack the car and head for the beach!
Pedreres De S'Hostal, Ciutadella
You won't have seen anything quite like these vast stone quarries. The older quarry is now home to a botanical garden of endemic Menorcan species. The quarries are well signposted from the Ronda Sur ringroad.
El Paladar, Ciutadella
Immerse yourself in this long established delicatessen. In 2010 the owner was the Spanish ham-slicing champion!
Cami De Cavalls
This signed walking trail revives an 18th century defensive route. It winds its way along the coastline for 184 kilometres. Drive to your chosen starting point and go explore!
The Diving Centre in Ciutadella is ideally situated in the port.
Useful driving tips
- A right hand side road system operates in Spain
- 120kph Motorways
- 90kph Main Roads
- 50kph Urban Areas
- Children under 12 cannot sit in the front unless a suitable child seat is supplied.
- Spain has stricter drink-driving laws than the UK with severe penalties and automatic bans.
- Speeding fines are on the spot for non-residents
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving.
Avis benefits for Menorca
- Guaranteed optional extras
- Representation at all major airports
- Take advantage of our speed of service with Avis Preferred
- Peace of mind of booking with an international company